Saturday 16 August 2014

But for the Grace of God! #love #compassion #caring


My post on the blog, the other day, expressed my feelings of loss and sadness with the passing of Robin Williams. I am obviously not alone in my grief, as the tributes and accolades continue to pour in from many around the world.  To those who read my post and emailed, agreeing to adopt my 'you & me' policy, I thank you.  To those who replied in a less than courteous manner, my response is 'But for the Grace of God go you'.

Not one of us have closed our eyes eternally as yet. Unless, of course, you are one of the minority who responded in a disrespectful manner to my writing. You too, are probably the same ones that caused Zelda Williams to close her accounts on social media because of your inhumane ramblings on his passing. Do you not think that this family has suffered enough. They were gracious enough to share their beautiful thoughts and memories, with a public that mourned with them. To you that are eternally closed eyed and venom mouthed, I hope that you may one day learn a sense of compassion, and acceptance, for minorities that are born like the rest of us with skin and, a need for oxygen to exist.  


Until we all learn to accept and tolerate our differences, this world will be a source of angst for any minority.  Discrimination of any kind should not be tolerated and actually be penalized by every country in this world.  I know this is probably a 'pie in the sky' ambition, but only then can we co-exist on equal footing.  Let us as caring human beings be there to help, be there to guide, be there to comfort others, that we classify as somehow different to what we perceive as normal.

This man took his life out of desperation, a desperation born of depression. This desperation can manifest itself differently from person to person.  This desperation may strike anyone at anytime. Therefore, we should try to be there for them. And, be there for those that are left to cope with the trauma that befronts them, as well as their personal gut wrenching loss.

Not one person on this earth should suffer discrimination at the hands of people (and I use that word nicely) who evoke hatred and separatism. Our lives have not ended and we cannot tell what is around the corner for any of us.  I believe love can cure all, and that love has no gender, race or disability. The love that we share, and reach out to others with, should be as personal as we want the love in our own lives to be.  The good books of life, no matter what religion, are based on love, compassion and care.  Why should religions adjust the fundamental ability to love on the basis of man made laws. The God of whatever we believe in, gave the gift of love.  Not a gift that has provisos of who we should love or how we should love.  We we given from birth a heart untouched by bigotry and hate and therefore, no religion nor government should place boundaries on who we love or who we help.

I believe that as long as we are not hurting anyone in our love, no one should be discriminated against.  I believe in the case of Robin Williams, not one of us has the right to judge his actions. I have nothing but admiration for this man and feel a deep sense of sadness that he had reached a point in his life where he felt he could no longer go on.  None of us know his desperation, emptiness and sadness and, until we walk in his or anyone else's  shoes, we do not own the right to discriminate nor judge him or anyone else.

To those who believe in my 'You & Me' policy, I am with you 100%.  To those with empty heart and closed eyes, my wish for you is that you may turn your anger to compassion, your hate to love, and your discrimination to equality.

And in recognition of a great man who lost his way I beg that all may turn to the person on their right or left and say, 'You are not Alone'.

Till next time keep those emails coming, and take care,

Cheers,
 

Bitchescoz
Contact: luke65mcbride@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment