Sunday 3 August 2014

Fuzzy Balls #sharing #community #cooperation


As you may have figured by now, I am quite into fashion and trying to look my best. My partner, however, is not!  Though he does like to wear my clothes and save his own money. However, he could dress in a horse blanket and still look great. Oh, the perils of a clothes horse.

In our relationship we share most things.  Somethings we do well together as a team. Others we are capable of, but better at, or more experienced to do alone.  This is common within any household. General cleaning etc we share.  Cooking he mainly attends, I do on occasions but, I don't have the savoir-faire that he does. So, I tend to limit my dining experiences to the decoration of the table, the ambient music (that he can't hear owing to being deaf) and the eating. Oh and lets not forget, the toasting of his culinary successes with the glasses of champagne. (Ooops did I pluralize that?)

Anyway I deviate from our Fuzzy Balls.  Despite our differences in clothing, one thing we really share is the preening that goes into cleanliness and hygiene. Our hot water bills will attest to that. Neither of us like things out of place, both body and home. One of us, not saying which, jumps faster than me as soon as he sees things getting a little messy.  This jumping can sometimes carry a downside to his obsession for his saving money, not wasting time, and environmental efficiency.


To elaborate, I tend to throw things in the washer to sort later. He, on the other hand, sees the opportunity to save time and just throw anything in on top without sorting.  Yes, it gets clean but those fuzzy balls that appear on my beautiful sweaters when they emerge from the wash just drive me balmy.  This is  one of the said jobs that I am happier to do.  Yes, I am happy to do this, peg our socks in rows on the line, to pick after dry and, allow him to iron later.  But, please don't touch the washer and give us fuzzy balls over our smooth attachments. Yes I realize that you see it and want everything ship shape, but leave it to the expert!

Having said all of this, each and everyone of us has something to contribute to each other's lives. Something,s we shine at and somethings, others shine at.  This being said, if we just pool our shining attributes, we can work together to make things better.  All of us are different, but if we share our talents, the whole world may benefit.  It is far more beneficial to pool our resources and work together than it is to stand and watch from the sideline.  I am sure most of us have the goal of getting along and making everyone else's, and our own lives, less complicated, less alone, less fragmented.Yes there will be fuzzy ball days but, if we share, take responsibility, and give a little, those days will surely become less frequent.

If we learn to share those frustrating days with others, we can learn to experience others strengths and weaknesses.  Offer our strengths to the pool of life and work together for a common goal and that is compassion, love and acceptance.

These are my thoughts, I hope that you will give me your thoughts about my fuzzy balls.  Until next time, take care!

Cheers


Bitchescoz

No comments:

Post a Comment