Thursday 21 August 2014

Getting Laid #love #life #relationships

As you read recently, we just had our conservatory built. Now it is up, the courtyard needs a makeover. The sun no longer gets to the grass, and barren soil is not really a good look. I maybe an interior designer but, as a manual labourer, I think I have limitations.  Having said that, I try not to let anything defeat me and I will give anything a try - once. Well within limits.
He he.

Having my measurements at hand, having sourced my supplier of pavers, my credit card in my pocket and small truck to pick up my purchases, I take off for the adventure of broken fingernails, rough hands and crippled knees.

I had not told you that these new pavers must be matched up to the existing pavers, both in colour and laying pattern.  My friend that I speak of regularly, helped (ok laid most) with the last lot.  So, I have a pattern and a standard to live up to. Sad she could not afford me the 1600 kilometre trip to help me with these, but I assure you her presence is felt continually with the constant 'Send me a pic text' and 'Have you used a spirit level text'.  Be it noted not once has she sent a 'Show me your broken fingernail text'.  I have tried the sympathy root but, 'Toughen up baby text' really does not console my loss of skin, nail and aching knees. I swear the woman was Attila the Hun in a previous life. I also find it amazing, that my other half finds something else to do, as soon as he hears (amazing as he is deaf) the side gate open for me to carry these 400 x 400 weapons of torture through to the back garden.

The winter weather is kind for my labour. There are no streams of sweat beating off my brow. Now that's a bonus!  I really admire people that can slog it out in the heat and not seem to show any ill effect apart from bulging muscles. I can always dream that my few days of hard labour may put me in the running for Mr. Universe.

My mind wanders when I am in the garden and paving brings no exception.  My mind thinks how easy it looks to fit square pieces of slab together, but the preparation, and the time spent to make it fit perfectly, is rather like life itself. We all may appear to be the same fit but making it uniform is another story.  Life is really like that, we are all individual pieces, but blending in. Fitting perfectly can be hard work, but the end result is beneficial to all. Doing it yourself you may get some scrapes, some aches! But, if worked properly, taking time, realizing the lay of the land, we all fit together like an intricate quilt.  Mind you if getting laid was a painful as this, I think I would join a convent.

Love and relationships are much the same as this, if worked with care and consideration, some thought and preparation, we can have a work of art in our own personal landscape. Something that is long lasting and, with proper maintenance, can sustain our needs for a lifetime. Yes, it may get a little messy, it may be gruelling sometimes, but the rewards are limitless.

Unlike paving, where we can bring in some professionals, our life landscape has to be hand done.  It needs a devotion to detail. We need to set  our foundations on firm ground for the future, and yes, like the pavers, the bedding (ooops of sand) can be nice and keep us firm and fixed in place for when the sand in our life hour glass starts to time out.

Until next time, I trust you will keep up the emails, keep me informed of your life's happenings and stay safe.  Right now I must go proffer another 'Send me a pic text' to Attila, my friend Piglette to show that my work is of the highest slave labour.

Cheers!


Bitchescoz

Contact: luke65mcbride@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment