Wednesday 25 June 2014

Call Me! #manners #communication #phone

How easy is it to pick up your phone and text, leave a message on someones message bank, to give others the knowledge and security that you are ok.  

Yes, we all get busy! But, being busy is a poor excuse not to just text those close to you and let them know that you are alright. After all we live in the age of instant communication and it has never been so easy to keep in touch. Don't let loved ones think, and stew, that you are not answering calls because you have been hit by a bus or something. And they in turn must learn to do the same for you.  
Not all of us have logical minds and just say, 'Oh they're ok. They are just busy!' The old adage of 'bad news travels fast' does not sit well with some of us and our overactive minds need to be set at rest so we can go about business as usual.  

As Blondie sang - 'Call Me' - any day and any time!  With silent modes on phones, a message need not disturb and it can be picked up when they are free! Then, if they too are a bit of a worry wart, they will be assured all is well in your neck of the woods.

How many times have I heard mother's crying they were worried about their kids not calling?  How many times have partners been worried that their better half has been involved in a car accident? All you need is a short text, 'Held up, be home soon!'  That is all it takes! 

Simple! I know and I have been guilty of not picking up the phone and doing the same to my nearest and dearest. It soothes their minds and they don't need to wonder what they are going to wear to the funeral. Should I arrange the flowers? Should I get in more food for the mourning visitors? These thoughts go through our minds because we care, not because we are morbid. We just care enough to feel deeply worried and concerned for their wellbeing. Sounds dramatic I know, but anxiety does strange things to even the calmest of people.

I travel quite a lot and I try to let my closest know I have arrived, am going sightseeing now or will be in a meeting for a while so they don't worry. I drop in the time zone too so they may be aware that my sleeping time is different to theirs.
counseling.ucr.edu

To the kids out there, let your folks know that your held up at the mall with your friends. It puts their minds at rest that you are safe. Texts are cheap and let's face it, a few words of - 'K! Just having a bit more time!' - can prevent a long face and having to face the tongue lashing when you get home. This applies to the big kids too. Sure beats the hell out of being confronted with divorce proceedings when you finally drive into the garage.  

It all comes down to respect, (no I won't go on with another song title) and caring for those around us.  It is not all about 'me'.  We must consider that others have feelings, thoughts and concerns for their  loved ones.  

Take a few seconds out of your time and communicate.

Cheers!

Bitchescoz

 <a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12422175/?claim=5sbkvst9kr4">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment