Friday 27 June 2014

I Love You More! #love #passion #nurture #caring

We all get tied up with the everyday humdrum of our lives.  We have people to see, places to go, careers to build, family and friends to care for! But, do we take for granted the person we fell in love with? It is easy to take them for granted - that they know you love them, deeply, passionately and with a forever kind of love. I know I fall short in this department.  We take it for granted that they just know.

 Just as children need nurturing, a gentle touch, and encouragement to grow into a caring, loving and compassionate human beings, so does the love that we share with our partners.  Like the roses we grow, the pets we have, they all need attention to detail to make sure they develop to their greatest potential.
Even as adults, we flourish and grow with the nurturing of love. We can't just feed it once or twice and expect it to grow without some attention. We need add some fertilizer for the soul. We really do keep growing till our last breath.
 

I know I love my man. I know that when we are apart it is like walking on one foot. I am not whole when he is not around. I think of his funny little ways, his funny little lingo, our mutual funny little lingo.  I miss the looks he gives (Ok some I don't miss!) but I do miss those quirky glances, those off beat nuances, those little expressions of love. Things we take for granted until they are not there.

As Bette Midler sings, 'We all have memories of loves and lives of people' and 'things we have affection for them all' but, 'inside we love the person we are with more'.  We don't lose those memories good or bad but, this person is our constant.  Therefore, I really have to give, touch, feel and express my love more often.  Don't expect him to be a mind reader that the love is still there.

It is quite easy to assume but, sometimes we look around and wonder why that person has gone. Why that person couldn't see I was busy?  Did my lover not know I have my career? Couldn't  he/she keep up to my pace?  I am a loving caring guy and I have to spread my caring beyond our doors. I have family and friends, didn't he/she see that?

You can throw a dog a bone, but does that mean you are his best friend? No, that dog needs a gentle pat, some grooming, a walk in the park, someone to have a little play and above all acknowledge that they are there.

Yes, we all get busy with the daily grind! But, unless we take them by the hand, say, 'I love you,' thank them for being there,and enjoy some 'one on one' with them, one day we may find they have not followed.  So what we need is to do, is tell them often, that no one compares and I love you more.

Now I have to go and speak our lingo and tap him 3 times, give him a hug to remind him 'I love you'.

Cheers!


Bitchescoz  

Contact: luke65mcbride@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment