Saturday 14 June 2014

What a Wonderful World #gardening #flowers #joy



Being Saturday, and having had a big week, I decided it was time to do to do some of the things I like to do. My pleasures are simple but, I love music, singing and gardening.  So today, I thought was, me time! I would get into the garden and do some long overdue pruning, weeding and replanting.
 

Life can be rather hectic but, I knew it needed attention. So firstly I raced to the nursery bought some new seedlings then hurried back for some me time.  Got home, dressed in my jungle gear, grabbed my headsets, iPhone, and trusty secateurs and vigorously assaulted the wilderness, I call my garden. 

I believe that we all need, and should encourage others, to just have some down time, simply to enjoy the things that we want.  It can be vigorous or, it can simply be just reading the novel that you don't get time to read, in the hurried world.  Whatever floats your boat, go for it!
 

I find my solitude in the garden! I turn up the volume in the headset, listen to some stuff that no one else wants to hear, and transform everything back to the way I like it.  I find it a way of re-charging my batteries and by the end, I am definitely singing 'What a Wonderful World'.  And hopefully, haven't annoyed the neighbours with my rendition!
 

Whether it be gardening, playing the piano, painting or reading a book, I feel we all need down time. We race around trying to please everyone else, and it's time we please ourselves for a little while. Gardening for me gives me a little workout, a little thinking time, and a little bit of sunshine which I love. Piano and reading can float you to a world of escapism for those times where you don't want, or need, to think of the harsh realities that the world will bring, once you step from your little sanctuary of choice.
 

The old saying -'You must stop and smell the roses' - when done, really does put your life back into perspective. Even if, only for your time of the escape! 

Trust me, do it, and don't feel guilty for that little time of selfishness. We all need it!  Yes, your thoughts will go back and forth of the things that are worrying, or need your attention, but somehow time out brings it all together. It gives some grounding for what you are going back to. And, the end of the day everything will seem much clearer and give you strength.

Pre-warn your family that you are having time to yourself. Encourage them to do the same from time to time, so they too, may learn to cope with what the world serves us.  God knows they will love you more for your honesty, and that. you return to them with a renewed gusto and positive thoughts and they too may sing 'What a wonderful world.'
 

Cheers!

Bitches Coz

Contact: luke65mcbride@gmail.com
 



No comments:

Post a Comment