Friday 13 June 2014

Rainy Days and Mondays #ambition #drive #foundations #dreams


Anyone for a ride?

It seems as if it was in the dark ages now, but Richard Carpenter wrote 'Rainy Days and Mondays'.  Today with the rain, and things not happening at the rate that this impatient Aquarian likes, it was one of those days indeed.

Rain bucketing, and fueling my already morbid and miserable day, I decided not to let this weather coax me into a state of impatience and negative thoughts. So, I decided to forge my way, gung-ho into a positive plan.

This plan of action, quite honestly, can be a tad annoying for those around me as I channel my negatives, to an irritating (ok bloody annoying) attempt to achieve my life time goals in one day.  I research, I Google thoughts. I annoy my partner with seemingly endless articles of how to achieve goals, and spread them around the normally very tidy abode.  I call friends (one in particular) to discuss my goals, to gather their/her thoughts as to how I can have it all done in one day and meanwhile, set up house in the castle of my dreams in Venice.  TODAY - NOW.

After their  soothing thoughts, of less exuberance, such as 'Rome wasn't built in a day' and, 'Baby steps Honey', I decide to reject these offers of suggestion and carry through my dreams alone.

However, despite all my attempts to channel my thoughts alone, I  kept hitting a brick wall.  Building Rome in one day was fast becoming  a delusion, as was getting my laundry dry on the outside clothesline in the rain.  My dream castle was fast crumbling into the Grand Canal in Venice.

Before the tide covers the roof of my castle,  I must change course.  I must change gears and go for plan B.  I must achieve the goals I can for this day, not change the course of my life in one swoop!  Firstly, I must remove the sodden clothes from the line,  throw them in the dryer or my partner won't have ironing to do tonight.  God forbid, I may have to do it when he is occupied with other things of his own,  rather than tidying the hoards of paper I have set out everywhere.

I have to look at what I have achieved so far.  I have to look at the things I can achieve today before the sun sets (or is that rain sets). In looking at what I can do today, I can see because of the rain, that it will surely be better to pour the foundation for my dreams in better weather. Rather than setting them on the  wet and soggy soil of Rome, only to have them collapse in the few short years to come.  No, I am not going to take baby steps but, I will make sure I take footed steps today to achieve my goals.

Yes, we all have dreams we would love to achieve in a short time, but maybe my advice givers were right?  Count our blessings!  Move  sure footed!  Yes, the rains will come to halt our progress, but they make us think more.  They make us think, 'Do we want our dreams to be short lived?'  Of course not!  We want our dreams to stand proud and tall for years to come like the grandeur of Rome.  We need our castles in Venice to withstand the tides and the rising damp.

Yes, we must have dreams but we must not beat ourselves (he he and others) up when we have a deluge of inclement weather.

When the rain clears we will notice that indeed those 'Rainy days and Mondays'  will bring growth and a  bounty that has vigorous and long lasting wonder.

Now, I must go apologise to my partner and my friends,

Cheers!


Bitchescoz 


 Contact: luke65mcbride@gmail.com

My Castle in Venice

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing wrong with having dreams and making them happen. The world is full of those who sit back and criticize and have never got off their bum and had a go! Great to see someone working towards their goals and dreams :)

    ReplyDelete