Wednesday 23 July 2014

Being Alive! #love #caring #insecurities #alive

With iPad and mug of hot chocolate, I followed the sun for the morning warmth in my courtyard among my flowers and visiting birds.  I was ready to write my thank-you notes to those who emailed me on my last article, 'You've got a Friend'. Suddenly into my solitude, burst the sounds of a young re-incarnated Elaine Stritch or very alive Bernadette Peters belting out 'Let it go' from the musical "Frozen".  This young 4 year old neighbour has the voice of an angel and the lungs of all the divas combined.  

I sat and  drank my chocolate and just listened to the lyrics of wisdom proffered by this little diva. By now, most of you will have realized that music really floats my boat.  It makes me feel alive, and the lyrics and uplifting of this song with its heart felt words made me think of Sondheim's 'Being Alive'. And there in my head was an ensemble of Patti Lu Pone, Barbra Streisand, Bernadette Peters, and Sondheim himself on keyboard. What a performance was going on in my head!  Not to mention, I too, was up there on stage offering my dulcet tones to the mix.  

Coming off stage with the greats, my thoughts of thank-you notes passed and, I just wanted to share that if we all took those words into our everyday lives, as I feel the master writer himself intended, we could make a real difference.  If we opened our hearts and and minds to those around us, gave a little of ourselves, all of our lives would be indeed blessed.  

It just means giving a little to those around us - reaching out and making a difference.  Every gentle touch builds to a worldwide hug. A hug that this world really needs right now. Not one person really needs to go it alone. All it takes is a nod of assurance, a gentle smile, a warm hello.  Each and everyone of us, has the capability to do at least one of these things.  God knows, with each and everyone of us turning to our neighbour, and giving a warm hello and an encouraging glance, it may stop the cycle of war and injustice.  

Let's all try to be a cycle breaker, lets show our friends, our families and our new found friends that we are as insecure as they are. That we too need someone to be close to. Someone to share with, someone to give, someone to mock us with praise and someone to love.   

Let's break this self fulfilling prophecy of doom and gloom and fill it with hope.  Let's fill it with a song of joy, a song of freedom, a song of equality.  Let's join my little neighbour in her song of 'Let it Go' and let go of the prejudices, the anger and loneliness.

Join me on stage with my ensemble! Declare that we want to be crowded with love, love that comes through caring! Know that there is someone to help us shed our insecurities and not to be frightened any more. Help us survive and give us hope that we are truly  'Being Alive'.

These are my thoughts.

Cheers!

Bitchescoz

Contact: luke65mcbride@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment