Sunday 27 July 2014

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue! #love #acceptance #tolerance


I am sure there are a lot of you out there, that  are from my planet 'Shopalot'  and, for those who are from the planet,  'Do-you-really-need-it',  this may help you to understand our dilemma

As most of you are aware, I love fashion, love shoes, love gadgets.  Ok, I just love shopping!  For the retailers out there, I am sure you love me and others from my planet. Yes, we are the ones that go ga ga and very rarely pass those promotional stands you place so provocatively in the stores.  You bring the zing to our to our credit cards and, put the bling into our lives.

My partner and I have one of those mixed unions, he is from the 'Do-you-really-need-it' Planet and the suburb to which he belongs is 'Bargain-Basement' but, for most times there is no difference in equality. That is until we shop together.  When grocery shopping, I am forever having this little fairy throw a cloud of fairy dust into my trolley and those little extras just disappear (poof) before we hit the check out - amazing his powers! Those 'just in case items' never get to be quantified on the shelves at home. (That is when we shop together.) Otherwise, when shopping alone I have a steady supply on the shelf for those 'just in case' situations.

As afore mentioned I like fashion and shoes!  <3 <3  I don't quite understand how he gets so thingy about my ins and outs to clothing stores, when I allow him to peruse the bargains for the 'on sale' items in the cleaning isle of the supermarket, to the point of my distraction.  He should never complain, because I don't waste his time in fitting rooms!  I just buy off the rack and never try on -  just buy and take home and if they don't fit I never drag him back to the shops for a return.  And after all, he wears my clothes anyway. He quite often says, that with being able to wear my clothes, he never needs to shop for 100 years.  So, I am doing him a favour right?  And when I buy a shirt for that special occasion, do you hear me complain that he has worn it and got food stains on it before I have even had time to remember I actually bought it.  Never!  Ok, I may lower the height of his bike seat but I never complain.  (Ooops)

Shopping with someone of a different persuasion can really strengthen your patience levels. It gives you an insight into how the other half live.  This is healthy right?  It helps you to appreciate the differences and to work on them so there is no misunderstanding for future reference.  Impulse and procrastinatory shoppers can live in harmony.  Those from my planet must learn the techniques of disguise when shopping. Put the things for 'just in case' at the bottom of the trolley so he doesn't see until at the register. Because then he gets too embarrassed to hand back, without causing a stink about it, in front of the checkout operator. When you spot a store whose clothes look wonderful, ask him if he needs to go for a wee walk or buy the lotto ticket so you can make your dash, and while he is in for a trickle you buy and secrete until you get home. It takes practice, but, with time you get better, he he! Linger patiently over his bargains, as then you have leverage for those times when you can't just grab and run with your fashion statement.

Yes this is tongue in cheek stuff, but it does show that we all have differences and we all must get along with each other.  Respect our differences and work with them.  The pleasure of knowing that we are all different, and yet can accept each other for what we are, can be and is a rewarding insight into life's joys and peace.

These are my thoughts! Anyway, until next time remember:



 'Roses are red, 

Violets are blue, 

Ask him to stay home,
And our love will be true!'


Cheers!

Bitchescoz

Contact: luke65mcbride@gmail.com









2 comments:

  1. This is so funny, I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete