Thursday 3 July 2014

Don't Let the Sun go Down! #anger #relationships #repair #acceptance

There is an old saying that we shouldn't let the sun go down on an argument.  We all have arguments, misunderstandings, differences of opinion and that is natural. I personally believe that it is probably one of the best bits of advice I have ever received in my life. This doesn't  mean I follow that advice all the time but, without paying attention to  life's wounds they can become very infected. The longer we leave a wound unattended the worse it can become.


I know that sometimes, it is good to give each other some space in some situations. But, I know from being gay and human, I tend to sometimes dramatize and build my emotions to such an extent that quite often it becomes more difficult to heal it. Thus, making both parties less approachable, more aloof, and more easily hurt than they were prior to the first cut.

The first cut is often described as the deepest! So having said that, if we really want to heal the rift, we must act quickly to remedy the cause for the abrasive reaction. Clinically speaking, we must stand back for a second, assess the extent of the damage, then prepare the wound by cleansing the surface. Then, perging deeper to give that painful incision less bias, and indeed, healing.

I know from my experience, if  someone has offended me and I just stop and walk away, I become more angry, less open to discussion than initially. If they do not try to remedy the situation, this gay boy tends to stew! I let myself bottle up to the point that when I explode, God help anyone within 1,000 kilometres. I know I am not the only one. This is not only a gay thing either. It is like the aforesaid cut, when infected, without attention becoming more infected and finally becoming gangrenous.

None of us wants a situation to get out of hand. But, quite often none of us want to get to the blood and guts of the matter either.  If we value, and want, that relationship, we must realize that not everyone has the same opinion as us. We must realize that everyone has, and is entitled to, their own. That is the reason why we are the fabric of life. We are part of the overall pattern, texture and colour that makes the quilt of beauty of a human landscape.

All I am saying is, yes we have tiffs, but don't let it get out of hand.  Relationships are too precious to lose. over something that sometimes only needs a band-aid treatment.

Fix the pain, heal the wound, cause 'losin everything is like the sun going down on me"

Cheers!

Bitchescoz

Contact: luke65mcbride@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment