Tuesday 1 July 2014

Procrastination #patience #tolerance #love #ambition

How to cope with Procrastination! 

Today, I want to talk about coping with procrastination.  You know, I  get anxious just spelling it, cause it takes to long. And, from that remark you might be aware I am not, dare I spell it again, the procrastinator.  I seem to be surrounded with them.  My partner, my bestie and quite a few others exist in my inner circle.  Mind you, sometimes, I feel that I am a catalyst for their behaviour. That they somehow take pleasure in making this 'want it now', dreamer' Aquarian wait, and sweat out their decisions.

I swear, at University, I must have been dreaming in a magazine when they spoke of Myers Briggs type indicators, and how we are attracted.  I think I must have been dreaming that whole semester because I am surrounded by them! Surely if I  had paid attention, I might have avoided the penance that I have had, for such a long time now.  I love to jump out of bed and run headlong into things! And yes, I have made some very silly mistakes along the way, from not meditating upon the mysteries as to how, and why, I should do something.

Yes, it frustrates me that people aren't as quick to scathe the pinnacles of life that I attempt.  But yes, I surrender, it is also assuring that before I climb my mount, someone is there, contemplating, planning, thinking clearly. Despite me ready to fly without my fairy wings attached, they are there navigating the conditions, and checking work place health and safety regulations, before we attempt our course of action.

Yes I long for them to just scream the adage of Nike 'Just Do It!'  But I must sometimes realize that these people are put on earth for a purpose and, not to just sit back and watch others fall, or fail, miserably.  These people are designed by God to drive people like me crazy.  No not so.  God put these forward and deep thinkers on Earth to plan for a future, a future that is secure, a future that is not based on instinct and dreams alone. Yes, I am sure these people engineered the journeys into space, designed the tallest buildings so they would not topple, research the possibilities of curing the common cold (no wonder its taking  so long).   These people are organizers, implementers and visionaries.

Yes these people do infuriate people like me, but without them I would be a covered with bruises and have skinned knees.  Coping with them?  We just have to draw breath,  think a little before we leap, take their feelings, and thoughts, into consideration.  They must have a valid point.  We are created equal after all and I must give them time to get used to my scatter brain, 'seat of the pants' way of life.
So thinking these thoughts, I cope with any slow thoughts those around me have.  I thank our maker that this world is full of individuals. This world is full of people who care, who think, who do things different from each other but together, we can achieve goals, build dreams and create a wonderful future.

Together we form a magical woven cloth that when milled together can make a glorious world.

Now Honey, can you just make up your mind on our new refrigerator or our perishables will be lost.

Cheers!


Bitchescoz


Contact: luke65mcbride@gmail.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment