Monday 7 July 2014

In the Arms of an Angel! #angel #compassion #love #forgiveness

Last night I was talking with  my dearest friend and she had said how she was doing a bit for a new found friend. She did not say she was busy, she did not say she was stressed. She did not say I am needed elsewhere so haven't got time for you. She simply said she was doing a bit for her friend. This person is ever humble in her concern, her help, her care for her fellow man.  She sees something needs doing and she ploughs right in and does it. There is self sacrifice without self involved. 

Her friend moved to the area for a new beginning, many miles from her former home. Started life anew. New friends, new job, new goals and new dreams. Everything was moving ahead with her life and those that gave her strength in her new start.  Suddenly from nowhere comes the news that she has a serious illness with a not so good prognosis. Every so often I attend funerals and you hear some crying buckets of tears, crying the loudest. They are also the ones crying, 'I had no idea he/she was even sick'.  I ask myself why?  Why did they not know?  When did they last make contact?  When did they stretch out their hand to help?  Why are they even attending this persons celebration of life?  

We all attend funerals and we all mourn for that person.  But can we honestly say we cared.  Did we offer support for the person or those around them. Yes it is nice to release the tears and show others our loss.  But did we have anything to lose?  When we meet in another life, will that person even recognize us or simply pass us by.  The same way we passed them by in their hour of need.  

My friend is one of these people that no one will ever pass by in another life.  My friend takes everyone on her wing.  I did not say under her wing.  My friend puts them and everyone around on her wing and gives them vision, gives them strength, gives them faith that they can handle these difficult times.  Putting under her wing would smother them.  No my friend lifts them so they can see clearly and helps to guide them.  Quite often she is seen as pragmatist.  Yes, she is, but in one of the kindest ways I could only try to achieve. She offers help. She gives it. But if not required, she steps back and allows that person to believe, and know, that they can achieve without assistance.  Giving everyone the knowledge that even in weakness we can achieve. They can lead, even from behind, whatever curve ball we have been passed.  

I know what I want to be to those around me. I don't want to be one of those crying, when I never built a true friendship, to really know the feeling of loss.  I want to be able, in good times and in bad, to show and share with  my friends, and family, that there is dignity in every stage of life and no one can take that dignity without our permission.  

Yes I want to strive to take my loved ones on my wing, not smother, but to help and guide them in good times and in bad.  But, when they face that stark cold hotel room of life, I want to help  them.  I want to help them make their fears empty and weightless, and deliver them into the arms of a true angel, where they may find some comfort.

My thoughts!

Cheers!

Bitchescoz  

Contact: luke65mcbride@gmail.com

crystalangels,org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment