Tuesday 29 July 2014

Don't Touch my Bike Seat! #share #payitforward #love

Quite often we complain our heads off, that our loved ones don't take any notice of us, or, don't show interest in what we do.  When they do, we must learn to be gracious and thankful that they do.

For instance the other day I wrote my piece on 'Roses are Red'  not thinking for a moment that he, my partner, would read, let alone comment on, my reflections.  He showed a positive reaction that only was fit for a queen and the subtleties were beyond imagination.

It all started with his caring and concern for my needs while hunched over my iPad writing. The coffee, and the hot chocolate just appeared beside me, as if we had imported a top waiter from one of the finest dining establishments in Europe. The canapĂ©s appeared as fast as they came out of the oven.  His positive vibes were encouraging and up lifting.  My best friend phoned a few times to inquire of my day, and I began to smell a rat as to why she kept the inquiry up!  Why she quizzically hinted how great it is that partners were so thoughtful!  And was mine?  As I am sooooo non conspiratorial, I just agreed and kept on agreeing that owing to the latest developments I was indeed blessed.  
news.com.au
 

Late in the afternoon we went on our usual sojourn to the shops and suddenly my suspicions which others possess (usually not I, he he) surfaced.  Each time my 'just in case' items appeared in the trolley, they stayed!  No Houdini fairy acts today I thought.  We approached the checkout and there I was thinking I was home clear when, he suddenly needed a tinkle, leaving me to pick up the tab. Leaving the supermarket and spying some nice fashion statements, I ask him of his lotto ticket obsession, considering he had already just pulled one of my favourite tricks just before.  But no, he said, 'No need for lotto today, I purchased on line.'  Something I had never experienced before. But ok, I thought and we pushed the trolley to the car with the 'just in case', the regular, and his bargain items. This was fast becoming a strange turn of events.

We arrived home, trundled the purchases into the house and suddenly he said, 'Going for a ride, you care to join?'.  I said not at the moment but would catch him up in a while after I packed his 10 packs of bargain 'kleenex' in an appropriate space along with my 'just in cases'.  I then raced to the bedroom to deck myself out in the new sports clothes I had bought a few days earlier while he was having his trickle.  Thought how fab I looked and proceeded to the garage to my bike to meet him at our rendezvous point.

Right then and there the penny dropped -  my best friend's quiz, his over concern, his trickle at the checkout, buying the lotto on line.  Those pennies dropped, like a coin vending machine before my very eyes, when I looked at my bike with the seat missing completely.  The language of compassion flowed through my mind and out of my lips that I am sure he would hear even though he be deaf and kilometres from home.

When he arrived home his care was astounding as to why I had not joined him.  I just said to him that my seat had fallen off my bike and I must have misplaced it last time I rode.  His little look of the executioner appeared and he said that, I still should have joined him, as my new clothes and myself would have fitted snugly on the bike! Then he uttered his final word of, 'touchĂ©'.

Ok we settled the problem discretely. The bike seat was re-attached and all was forgiven so we moved on.

The moral to the story is, with those around us we should be true, non secretive and open to each other. Only then can we really know the depth of love. Only then can they be open and loving to us. Above all, that love should accept, appreciate, share, and forgive each other for both our flaws and our potential.

Ok, now that I have established the seed of forgiveness with him, and have assured him, I will not send him to trickle or, encourage his lotto penchant, he has given me a great idea that is much more discreet. I have his credit card in hand, and I'm off to the computer to browse some online fashion stores :) 

Until next time, keep safe!

Cheers!


Bitchescoz


Conctact: luke65mcbride@gmail.com 



3 comments:

  1. OMG! You are soooo funny! Would love to be a fly on your wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I think you deserved this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This particular appears completely ideal. Each one of these small particulars are created along with large amount of history understanding. I love this a great deal comfortable bike seats

    ReplyDelete